The published resources include:
- “What are people seeking asylum entitled to when they access health care?” – a short video explaining the healthcare rights of asylum seeking people.
A transcription of the video can be found on the main resource page.
- Access to healthcare – a guide for organisations working with people seeking asylum on helping people access healthcare. The interactive PDF is available in both English and Welsh.
- Case studies – examples of healthcare and service providers facilitating access to healthcare for people seeking asylum. The document is available as both a PDF or an accessible Word document.
The new resources were produced following research conducted by the EHRC and published in November 2018. This research is also available to view on the main resource page, and includes:
- Review of evidence – a review of existing evidence looking at the barriers people seeking or refused asylum face in trying to access healthcare services.
- Lived experiences – research on the lived experiences of people seeking and refused asylum trying to access healthcare.
- Recommendations – Recommendations to government and healthcare providers on improving access to healthcare for people seeking asylum.
The full set of resources are available to view at https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/refugees-asylum-and-immigration.