This post is also available in: English (English)
The North West Regional Strategic Migration Partnership (RSMP) is paid for by the Home Office, and run with support from Manchester City Council. We are led by local authorities, but work with many different organisations to help the area with migration.
There are four main parts to our work:
- Asylum Seekers: We work with local authorities, the Home Office and the voluntary sector colleagues to make sure that asylum seekers are not in danger. We provide advice, information and guidance, including news and statistics.
- Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children: We help children who are seeking asylum, but do not have any adults to support them.
- Refugee Resettlement: We administer and coordinate a number of refugee resettlement schemes in North West England, on behalf of the Home Office and the United Nations
- ESOL Mapping: We have a list of organisations who teach English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
The RSMP works in with various organisations across the North West and the UK. These include:
- Local authorities.
- Combined authorities in Liverpool and Greater Manchester.
- The NHS and Public Health England.
- Local NHS groups in the North West.
- Home Office
- Serco, the housing provider chosen by the Home Office.
- Voluntary and community groups.
UK Strategic Migration Partnerships
The RSMP is one of twelve UK Strategic Migration Partnerships nationwide, each paid for by the Home Office to help with migration in their region. You can find out more for each of these groups at their websites:
- East of England Strategic Migration Partnership
- East Midlands Strategic Migration Partnership (EMSMP)
- London Strategic Migration Partnership (LSMP)
- North East Strategic Migration Partnership (NESMP)
- Northern Ireland Strategic Migration Partnership (NISMP)
- Migration Scotland
- South East Strategic Partnership for Migration (SESPM)
- South West Strategic Migration Partnership
- Wales Strategic Migration Partnership (WSMP)
- West Midlands Strategic Migration Partnership (WMSMP)
- Migration Yorkshire