This post is also available in: 繁體中文 (Chinese (Traditional))

Call 999 in an emergency. This is when someone is seriously ill or there is danger to lifeuse, or the immediate threat of use, of violence.

Call the NHS 111 number if you have an urgent medical problem and you are not sure what to do.

There are different police forces that cover different areas of the United Kingdom. If you you live in Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford or Wigan, your local police force is Greater Manchester Police.

Greater Manchester Police
Greater Manchester Police Logo

Reporting a Hate Crime 

By reporting a hate crime, you may be able to prevent it from happening again. Information on how to report a hate crime to the police can be found on the Greater Manchester Police website.

If you would prefer to use a third-party reporting service, you can use organisations such as Stop Hate UK and CrimeStoppers UK.

Crime rates

If you would like to research crime rates and statistics in your local area, you can do so on the Greater Manchester Police website.