If your business faces talent challenges, skills shortages, diversity goals, or social value commitments, this event is tailored for you. In our evolving global landscape, embracing diversity and migrant talent is vital for thriving. Unlock potential, ignite innovation, and create an inclusive workforce at this event.
The North West RSMP is partnering with the Growth Company to deliver an employer focused event to discuss the benefits, intricacies and practicalities of employing refugee and forced migrant communities. At the event you will:
• Learn from businesses benefiting from migrant talent.
• Gain practical insights into recruitment, onboarding & retention.
• In a panel discussion learn about how to navigate guidelines, processes & avoid employment pitfalls.
• Hear from migrants and refugees thriving in the North-West.
• Network with peers, speakers, and exhibitors with lunch provided.
Host: Adrian Bird- Head of Aspire in Partnership
Panellist: Laura Darnley- Business Immigration and Employment Law Partner at Ward Hadaway
Panellist: Zeenat Naeem- Director at SureCare UK
Panellist: Emily Mitchell- Talent Attraction Partner at Whitbread
Panellist: Andres Mora- Employment Partnership Manager at Breaking Barriers
Panellist: Alex Mak- Director at Trafford Hongkongers
Interviewer: Marianna Vaszilyiv- Project Coordinator for United for Ukraine
Event attendees will gain takeaways that include:
• Gaining vital insights, referral contacts, and actionable best practices for engaging with Migrant and Refugee communities in the North West.
• Acquire practical steps to create a meaningful impact in this area.
• Access local and national employment support organisations for assistance in engaging with migrant groups.
• Learn from successful businesses in this field, ready to share their expertise.
• Networking connections from across the North-West.
• OPEN TO ALL BUSINESSES IN NORTH WEST
• Sole trader, micro business, small and medium-sized enterprise, or large business.
• Social enterprises where these engage in economic activity.